Biomass Policy Fellow
- Location: The post-holder may be physically based at Aston University, University of Nottingham or York but will report to Patricia Thornley at Aston University
- Salary: £33,797 to £40,322 per annum
- Grade: Grade 08
- Contract Type: Fixed Term (18 months)
- Basis: Full Time
- Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Thursday 08 April 2021
- Interview Date: Monday 19 April 2021
- Reference: R210082
- Release Date: Wednesday 10 March 2021
The Energy and Bioproducts Research Institute seeks applications for a full time Biomass Policy Fellow to bridge between the bioenergy research community and policy makers developing the UK biomass strategy. The successful candidate will work with between the Supergen Bioenergy hub (SGBH), three BBSRC Networks in Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy (NIBB) and stakeholders the UK/international policy community to extract policy-relevant outputs from UK research and connect them with relevant parts of the policy community.
This is an exciting opportunity for applicants to work at the science/policy interface across several universities and disciplines to deliver policy impact, build closer connections between the research and policy communities and support deployment of sustainable bioenergy systems. You will be expected to familiarize yourself with a range of contemporary bioenergy research issues, prepare policy briefing materials and meet regularly with sustainable biomass stakeholders to support sustainable biomass policy development.
Full Job Description and further details in PDF format: Biomass Policy Fellow
More information and how to apply visit: https://jobs.aston.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=R210082