CCnet - Carbon reCycling: Converting waste derived GHG into chemicals, fuels and animal feed
CCnet is one of 6 Networks in Industrial Biotechnology & Bioenergy funded by the BBSRC (BBSRC-NIBB) to encourage the growth of Industrial Biotechnology in the UK.
CCnet will not only continue the work done by the previous BBSRC-NIBB C1net, but will also bring in those communities working on photosynthetic (cyanobacteria) and autotrophic CO2 utilising chassis as well as exploring the potential of anaerobic digestion as a feedstock generator. It provides a cross-sector forum to foster and enhance collaboration between industry and academia.
CCnet has funding for research projects, conferences, studentships, workshops and outreach.
The overall goal of CCnet is to create a vibrant community of UK researchers who will unravel the biological, chemical and process engineering aspects of gas fermentation as well bringing in those communities working on photosynthetic (cyanobacteria) and autotrophic CO2 utilising chassis as well as exploring the potential of anaerobic digestion as a feedstock generator.
To achieve our goal we are:
- Bringing together a UK-based cadre of biologists, chemists, computational modellers/mathematicians and process engineers, to better understand and exploit gas fermentation processes for translation into industry.
- Encouraging participation by feedstock suppliers, technology developers, industry and end-users in the development of the technology.
- Holding a series of sandpits for the discussion and development of cross-disciplinary research projects, including proof of concept studies, to be funded through pump priming funds administered through the CCnet Management Board.
- Fostering the development of major integrated grant proposals based on proof of concept studies.
- Organising annual meetings of the leading scientists from the UK, including overseas representatives, open to the wider UK community, providing an update on the latest research findings.
- Maintaining this website to provide regular updates and case studies on the research development.
- Supporting and encouraging participation and development of the PDRAs and students and providing knowledge transfer through workshops and other training activities.
JOIN OUR NETWORK